Google

Friday, January 12, 2007

A cold n scary january afternoon

A super cliché to start with A very happy new year to all of you . I know i am the 3, 99, 457th guy to wish you. But kyaa kare ganguly ki kasam project work bahut zaalim cheez hai. A trip to chennai was inevitable to project my work to the concerned faculty. PowerPoint ki jai ho!!. Bill gates ko Election ka ticket do!! :D

A LOT happened during this period of time, my roomie got a call from IIM-A (the treat is due, which will be sooner then the eviction of Shilpa from Big brother), I got officially DP'ed (desipundit), and …err... I forgot what else happened Heehee!!

Last night when I was flipping thru the TV channels at an express speed ( which could have been measured in fps: frames per second...nahee samajh aaya :( mujhe bhi nahee aaya :P) I had man's 2nd greatest invention i.e. the TV remote in my one hand and a humble cup of tea in the other. Just a minute back I was holding on to a slice of toast watching the sleepy celebrities on 'Bigg Boss'. When the discussion dwindled to smelly armpits and unwashed undies I had to reach out for my remote. But when I tried to embark on another flipping spree the remote got stuck, Zee cinema was the featured channel. Despite murdering the remote button mercilessly "Movies masti magic" were the only keywords which were echoing in my room with a dash of Telebrands.
A smack was what it needed i thought. Well a tight smack is what sets every thing all right. Be it living or non-living. But when I did, i felt , and i realized. hehehe!!!

"Wo TV ka remote thaa mere dost,
Which u dipped in,samajh ke your toast"

Yepp!! My remote drank half of the tea I had in my ( grr...not so humble) cup. I dint know caffeine has a reverse effect on remote controls. My favorite tool never woke up since then, *sniff* something which I held before clasping a pencil.
Boy o Boy when mum will take charge in the evening and will try to shuttle between Star plus, Zee , Sony with a dysfunctional caffeine addicted remote my condition will be like being Venkatpathy raju facing Brett lee and Shane bond at the same time without wearing any pads and helmet.
And if u think I can get away with an excuse, then you are as innocent as a caterpillar.
"Mom se bachna mushkil hi nahee naa mumkin hai"

Zee cinema was about to show a matinee movie, some random early nineties' movie. Gladly Mithun didn’t feature in the casting. That was a good enough reason for me to watch the movie. Arey yaar !! For me the main controls on the TV set seemed to be lightyears away. So I had to put up with the movie. Details about the movie in the next post. Till then pray for me. Bill gates bachaao!! :(

Labels:

9 Mirch lagi kya?? paani piyo yaha..

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remote to bahut zaroori hota hai bhai !!! baat to ekdum sahi bole ho.
humare ghar ka remote bhi jab shaitaani karta hai to usko peeth k upar lagate hain 3-4 ghuma k.... bas... phir se line pe aa jaata hai :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger COALESCED said...

Rocking as ever is ur post,
Mark my word and make a note!!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger dharmu said...

congrats on being DP'ed.
and yeah, all the best with mom!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

remote controls hate me too!!! i don't blame them coz i keep dropping them and at any given pt of time you'll always find them bandaged in tape in my house!!!

suggest u get it repaired before ur mum finds out....or better still...hide it!!!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, nice blog

Keep blogging.

Plz visit www.gyann.blogspot.com

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude atleast now u r far away from chennai...think bout me...
aur, kya tuney sach mein toast ko chai me duboya?...ha ha
And regarding mithun da...he is not that bad an actor yaar..Watch Guru!!!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude atleast now u r far away from chennai...think bout me...
aur, kya tuney sach mein toast ko chai me duboya?...ha ha
And regarding mithun da...he is not that bad an actor yaar..Watch Guru!!!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aby,
how dare u dunk ur remote in the cup !! Nice touch abt Mithun ... and guess what .. Mithun-da stars in a film called 'Guru' once again !
Also, thanks for visiting my blog ... keep dropping by more often.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Dew said...

hey what is DPed.. i dint understand :(

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home